Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy in The Hague, NL

I’m sure a lot of people are unaware of this step, that includes me. When Dennis told me about it, I was surprised coz I didn’t know that such thing exists. It was a bit hassle, though, but in reality, doing this can and will save you from trouble later on. If you ever plan to retain dual citizenship or change your Philippine passport to your married name then this step is needed.

The Requirements:

Duly accomplished Report of Marriage (ROM) Form in four (4) copies.

– International Marriage Certificate (Iuitreksel uit de huwelijksakte) from the Gemeente. The Marriage Certificate (MC) should first be legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken) located at Bezuidenhoutseweg 67, 2594 AC Den Haag. (present original and make photocopies).

– Four (4) photocopies of the valid Philippine passport of husband and wife. (present original and submit photocopy of information page).

The rest of the requirements don’t apply to me, but it may apply to you so keep reading…

For Divorced, Annulled or Widowed applicants:

** Divorced Filipino Applicant – submit Philippine judicial recognition of a foreign-issued absolute divorce decree duly authenticated by Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)

** Annulled Filipino Applicant – submit Judicial Decree of Annulment or Declaration of Nullity of his/her previous marriage duly authenticated by the DFA

** Widowed Filipino Applicant – submit Death Certificate of former spouse duly authenticated by the DFA

Affidavit of Delayed Registration – if marriage was solemnized more than a year prior to the filing of the Report of Marriage
Basic fees:
Euro 22.50 (Report of Marriage)
Euro 22.50 (Embassy Legalization of the International Marriage Certificate)

** Stamped, self-addressed return envelope for registered mail.

The Embassy of the Philippines will forward the Report of Marriage (ROM) to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines.  The PSA-certified Marriage Certificate (MC) may be retrieved in the Philippines three months after the filing of the Report of Marriage (ROM) at the Embassy of the Philippines in The Hague.  Always keep a personal copy of the ROM for your file.

We filed for report of marriage two days after our civil marriage in Alkmaar. We did it to avoid having to worry about Affidavit of Delayed Registration and its fees anymore.

By the way, the PH Embassy in The Hague is located in this long street name called, Laan Copes van Cattenburch 125 Den Haag (The Hague), somewhere near the outskirts of Scheveningen. Getting there is easy by car. Parking will however pose as a minor challenge but what’s new, this is always the case in the Netherlands anyway. 😀



ROM from NSO. We are now officially registered as partners in the PH! 🙂




About Hanna

I’m a 20-something Pinay, wife of a Dutch guy with interest in traveling and photography. I usually blog about my daily encounters and make it as interesting as possible. I also like to read books and eat a lot of mangoes.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0 thoughts on “Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy in The Hague, NL